We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and we will endeavour to abide by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), as set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
In this policy:
- “we”, “us” and “our” are references to Vahy Pty Ltd (ACN 615 549 212);
- “you” or “your” means a person whose personal information we have knowingly collected;
- “Website” means the websites located at the URL www.vahy.co; and
- “User” means a user of the Website.
Collection of personal information
Depending on the purpose for which we collect information from you, the personal information we collect or hold may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone phone number, email address, gender and any other personal information you or a person authorised by you submits to us, as well any other information that we consider is necessary to provide the goods and services.
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our business, which includes:
- providing goods and services to you;
- maintaining and improving customer service;
- telling you about other products that we think may be of interest to you;
- facilitating your interaction with us and other Users on our Website and offline;
- considering any application for employment made by you;
- meeting our legal obligations;
- managing and resolving any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- carrying out internal functions including training and risk management;
- protecting you against fraudulent transactions;
- improve your experience on our Website;
- to understand your preferences;
- conducting marketing research and analysis; and
- any other use to which you have given your consent (whether express or implied).
Where we can, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously, by using a pseudonym or without providing personal information. However, in some circumstances, this may not be possible, and we may need to collect personal information from you to provide you with our services.
Where reasonably possible, we will collect your personal information directly from you and we will not use Government Identifiers, such as a driver’s licence or Medicare number, as our own identifier for you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Any personal information that you provide via our Website or directly (for example, when you contact us) is collected and managed by us. We will not disclose your personal information in other circumstances unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that your information is passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies; or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law, including without limitation, the APPs under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
If we disclose personal information to a third party, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the third parties do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to that information. For the purpose of providing or offering services and benefits to you, we may also disclose personal information to organisations such as:
- professional advisors (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- outsourced service providers; and
- market research and promotional companies.
Our contractors and outsourced service providers may disclose your personal information overseas in connection with providing their services to us. Additionally, some of your personal information may be transferred, stored, processed, used or disclosed overseas by us.
In the case of email communications that amount to commercial electronic messages, you may also use the “opt-out” facility contained in our emails. Once you have unsubscribed from our mailing list, we will refrain from contacting you for that purpose.
If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
When you provide your personal details, you may consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period).
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications (also known as ‘opting-out’); and
- comply with your request to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable timeframe.
If you do not wish to be contacted by us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data quality and security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Access to your personal information is restricted to those properly authorised to have access.
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorised persons will access or view your personal information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Website or provide to us will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of security measures on the Website or at any of our premises.
In relation to any personal information accessible through the Website, you can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
We will always try to maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information about you, so far as it is practicable for us to do so, and will take reasonable steps to update any personal information that we learn is inaccurate, incomplete or no longer up-to-date.
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required to provide you with the services you requested from us and to comply with legal requirements. If we no longer require your personal information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify your personal information.
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously, and always endeavour to provide a secure safe platform on which to conduct online transactions.
When using our Website, you should be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished visiting our Website especially if you accessed it from a shared computer.
If you are a User on our Website, we will retain information about your account, including contact details, address details and, to the extent that you make orders while logged in or by reference to your registration, the status of your orders.
When you access the Website we may make a record of your visit and logs for statistical and business purposes and we may collect information including: your server address, your domain name, IP address, the date and time of visit, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited, the operating system used and the type of browser used. We may also track some of the actions you take on the Website such as when you provide information or content to us.
You understand that any information you provide on the Website might be re-shared or copied by other users of the Website. Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account with us, copies of your information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others or it was copied or stored by other users.
Links to third party sites
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our Website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of these third party websites. These links are provided for your convenience and do not represent our endorsement of their content or currency. We recommend that you check the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them with your personal information.
No links may be made to this website without our prior written consent. Applications for consent must be made to email@example.com
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, details of any website which has referred you to our website, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for; and
- length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies also allow us to recognise your computer while you are on the Website, and to send you to the country of origin and language you selected on your first visit to our site. This information is used to maintain the quality of our service and to provide tracking and statistics regarding the use of our website.
The types of cookies we use:
- Strictly necessary cookies that are required for the operation of our Website, such as cookies that enable you to log into your account or make purchases, or cookies that enable us to comply with the law (for example, to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using "strictly necessary" cookies.
- Performance cookies which recognise and count the number of users to our Website and help us see how users move around our Website. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. [Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous.] We only use such information to improve our Website. This information helps us to find out how well the website is working and highlights where it can be improved.
- Functionality cookies which are used to recognise when you return to our Website and assist us to personalise your content and website experience by remembering your preferences. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for (such as watching a video). By using our Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see below).
- Targeting cookies which are used to record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies are used to advertise relevant products to you on other websites, based on the products and categories you looked at on our Website.
We also use third party cookies of suppliers who set their own cookies on our Website with our permission to improve customer experience and offer additional functionality. This Website utilizes the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and the associated conversion tracking cookie is set on the user’s browser. The information collected by the conversion cookies are used to provide aggregate conversion statistics to AdWords clients who have opted-in for conversion tracking. They are not used to acquire personal information. If you do not want to allow these cookies on your device, you can deactivate the Google conversion-tracking cookie through your user settings in your internet browser.
We also Google AdWords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page (http://www.google.com/settings/ads) or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
If you would rather not have any of this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website, including the purchase section. For more information and to learn how to disable cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.com.
Access to or correction of your personal information
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
You will not be charged for accessing your information, although we might have to charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If personal information we hold about you is incorrect, we will, on your request to correct it or where we are satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information is corrected.
If you believe that your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or address your request to Vahy Pty Ltd, PO Box 295, Black Rock VIC 3193.
How you can notify us of a privacy concern
If you have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us or would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you, please write to:
Vahy Pty Ltd
PO Box 295
Black Rock VIC 3193
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
Website at www.oaic.gov.au.